Literacy is one of the greatest gifts we can give our children.
At Ready to Read, we position children for literacy success before they start school, so they can be prepared and confident to start their lifetime of learning.
We exist to:
- Inspire children to become confident learners
- Improve the literacy levels of children in Australia
- Become the first choice of literacy programs for young children based on outstanding value, quality and service to children and their families.
Why Ready to Read?
Ready to Read is a leading Australian childhood literacy program, taught in fun classroom environments by qualified teachers.
Developed by experts in childhood education and speech pathology based on research and evidence, Ready to Read has helped thousands of children across Sydney start school with confidence since 2001.
Extending beyond school readiness, Ready to Read teaches children the fundamentals of reading, writing and spelling in order to build a strong foundation of literacy.
A lifetime of literacy starts here
- A significant number of children who have completed the program are in advanced classes for reading when they start school.
- The Ready to Read program provides a balanced, sequential, integrated and comprehensive approach to developing early literacy skills.
- Visual, auditory, kinaesthetic and tactile learning activities provide children with opportunities to apply what they have learnt.
- The program offers fun activities which focus on the seven areas essential to early literacy.
“My daughter attended Ready to Read in the year before she started Kindergarten. It gave her an invaluable head start in learning to read. Now she is in Kindergarten, she is already the top reader in her class.”Stephanie
“The best money I ever spent on my two sons’ pre-school education.”Therese
“This activity has been the BEST one I could have given my son prior to school entry.”Shane